Cathedral on the cliffs in Portovenere
Beautiful 13th century church, with black-and-white stripe exterior and interior that it is recognizable from far out at the sea.
This Church stands on natural promontory, a sheer drop to the see. The views from its terrace is unforgettable the rocks and the blue of the sea and the sky blends in a scenery of extraordinary and rare beauty.
The church was built in 1277 on the foundations of a pre-existent pagan shrine of the sixth century? to Venus Erycina (From which the name Portus Veneris derives).